• The opening of BTEK is the first act to take place on the 25th anniversary of the Bizkaia Technology Park.
• Also present at the ceremony, with the Lehendakari, were the Secretary of State for Education, the Ministry for Industry, Innovation, Commerce and Tourism, the Chairman of the Network of Technology Parks in the Basque Country, the Director of Bizkaia Technology Park and the Director of BTEK, among others.
• With the aim of promoting Technology among young people, BTEK has an exhibition space divided by Theme.
• The building is in two parts in the form of a pyramid and has already won several architectural awards.
• Bizkaia Technology Park has invested 11 million Euros in the construction of the building and the development of its contents.
The Lehendakari Patxi López today opened BTEK, the Technology Interpretation Centre at the Bizkaia Technology Park. Present at the opening ceremony were the Minister for Industry, Innovation, Commerce and Tourism, Bernabé Unda, the Secretary of State for Education, Eva Almunia, the Chairman of the Network of Technology Parks of the Basque Country, Francisco Berjón, the director of Bizkaia Technology Park, Txaber Ouro, the director of BTEK, Xabier Díaz Silvestre, and representatives from SPRI, UPV/EHU, other companies at the Park and organisations who have taken part in the construction of the building and the development of the contents.
After the aurresku of honour and the cutting of the ribbon, the Lehendakari and other authorities visited the centre and modules of the different spaces.
The aim of BTEK, the Technology Interpretation Centre of the Bizkaia Technology Park, is to take technology closer to young people, mainly at secondary school level, promoting a scientific and technological culture among young people. To achieve this objective, a space has been designed for a broad range of content, divided into various modules. The Park has invested 11 million Euros in the project.